Marlow Sports Club Update – January 2017
2016/17 will be another successful year:
- We now have 2,200 collective members.
- The debt repayment programme is progressing well with over £1 million being raised, reducing the outstanding amount payable to around £400,000.
- As a result of fantastic support from all sports sections and the hard work of the commercial team, we can report a turnover from the Bar and Catering of £100,000 for the first time in the Club’s history.
Moving into the next financial year 2017/18, the outstanding loans are 3 to 4 years from being paid off and the Trustees and Chairman believe that the time is now right to look at creating a re-vamped and updated Clubhouse which will offer the facilities we so desperately need.
It has been agreed to formally design a building fit for purpose and submit for Planning Application.
Section representatives together with professionals (ie architects) working together have formulated a proposal which will be ready for submission by early July.
A separate working party is looking at a fundraising strategy aimed at raising approximately £2.4 million which we believe will be required.
It will break down roughly as follows:
- Hopefully £500,000 from the new Sport England Funding programme
- The bank have agreed to match-fund, but we do not plan to look for more than £500,000
- The remaining money to come from: the Fundraising team, who are sourcing big sponsors/donors and you, our members supporting initiatives such as “help grow Social Membership”; contributing to schemes like “Sponsor a Brick” ; Honoury membership etc.
Finally, our club is as special to us as it is to you. We greatly value your continued support to your Section’s committee and we’d very much appreciate it if you or any of your members can think of ways in which to help raise the funds to help us build a more suitable clubhouse.
Paul Sambrook, Chairman MSC
Please click on the image to find out more about each initiative: