Marlow Sports Club is a fantastic community facility right in the heart of town. It has over 2,000 members of which 1,400 are young people and 800 females. The club is situated on Pound Lane and offers 8 sports; Cricket, Football, Hockey, Tennis, Running, Cycling, Softball and Netball. The Club has a range of sports and recreation opportunities for community use which include; • 20 acres of land of which 6 is grassed for multiple sports • Brand new all-weather astro-turf for hockey or netball • An excellent cricket pitch and practice nets • Four recently re-surfaced flood-lit tennis courts • Five junior football pitches • A clubhouse and bar with changing rooms Find out more about each Club Section.
NEWS *** NEWS *** NEWS
The MSC official calendar can be viewed here
Having a party/get together/meeting? Now you can book the Sports Club
To request a booking, either,
- email email@example.com with date, time, facility, purpose and contact details
- or contact; Commercial - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, phone Frances Rose or Anne Jones (at 01628 483 638) will let you know availability and the terms & conditions
Sections benefit from discounted rates. Sections may book the internal facilities for free if enough people attend to more than pay for the bar staff & any additional expenses. Otherwise, a charge will apply.
The Marlow Red Kite Ride is on Sunday 31st August. This is Marlow Riders biggest event of the year and they expect 600 entrants.
A message from the organisers………..
The feedback from participants last year emphasised how welcome the helpers made them feel, and we want to make sure that we match that welcome this year. We need you all to volunteer your time during the day, and maybe also in preparation the day before. There are a lot of roles that need doing, such as helping with parking and registration, running the feed stations, marshalling at key points, managing the start and finish zones, and catering before and after the event as well as the clean-up and packing away of the day’s events.
Please can you send me an email at email@example.com to let him know whether you can help, ideally all day but also if you can only help for a limited time (e.g. in morning or afternoon only). If you have a preference for roles, or had a role last year and want to do the same again this year, please let me know that as well. If you could reply with the time and duration available and give me as much info about when you are available and what you can do, it will make my life much easier in trying to sort out who does what!
As part of the uniform for the day, we are looking to get Marlow Riders Red Kite Ride T-Shirts made up and distributed to all helpers, so we also need to know your T-Shirt size. These will be provided to all volunteers (who volunteer by Sunday 10th August) free of charge. The sizes are: Small 35/37, Medium 38/40, Large 41/43, Ex-Large 44/46, Ex-Ex-Large 47/49 and finally 3XL 50/52. The T-Shirt style is a simple rib crew neck cotton t-shirt. Please include your t-shirt size in your email.
Finally if you are First Aid qualified or have received First Aid training and would be prepared to help out with any injuries presented during the day, prior to seeking formal medical assistance, please also let me know. I’ll then try to make sure we have some first aid cover at each location.
We really need you all to volunteer – success depends on you.
- The first Henley 10K challenge & fun day is almost upon us!
- Ed McKeever claims two bronze medals at Canoe Sprint World Championships
- Marlow Riders expect 600 entrants at their biggest event of the year...
- Marlow Rowing Club set for October official opening
- Marlow launch girls team with England skipper Edwards
- Olympic stars support club's future
- England Cricket Captain adds star power to launch of Marlow CC girls team
- Marlow Cricket Club win Julian Cup for first time in 25 years
- Success at GB trials for Marlow Rowing Club girls
- Marlow Tennis Club raise £355 at It's Pimm's o'Clock social